South Kesteven District Council wishes to invite tenders for the supply of goods and works in respect of in channel habitat creation and improvement works for the River Slea, Sleaford, and River Witham, Grantham, Lincolnshire.
A specialist contractor is required to deliver five specific tasks as outlined in the tender documents including focusing on tasks such as habitat improvement and creation through bank softening and in channel works, including berm installation, tree hinging and bank reprofiling works, along with delivering volunteering opportunities through the works which is a mandatory requirement.
The project is match funded by the European Structural Investment Fund under their European Regional Development Fund funding stream, and the SKDC is required to follow the grant funders route to market and procurement thresholds. The Council appoint just one contractor to provide all aspects of the requirements.
To express interest and access tender documents, please use reference number DN588393 or under South Kesteven as the buying organisation in the search opportunities section on the website: https://www.eastmidstenders.org
Please note this is now closed
Closed Tenders and Contracts Awarded
Please note this is now closed - Contract Awarded to Hill Holt Wood
South Kesteven District Council Invite Tenders for Habitat Creation and Improvement works, and Volunteer Engagement at Learning Provision at Lollycocks Field Nature Reserve (LNR) and Local Wildlife Site (LWS). Eastgate Road, Sleaford, as part of the Witham/ Slea Blue Green Corridor Project.
The project is match funded by the European Structural
Investment Fund under their European Regional Development Fund funding stream,
and the SKDC is required to follow the grant funders route to market and
The aims/objectives of this contract are to enhance ecological value through:
- the development of a hedgerow on the boundary between Lollycocks and Eastgate Road
- the refurbishment of a scrape located on the site
- the development of 2 smaller scrapes to accompany the existing scrape
- marginal works around the pond edge
- grassland management to enhance the grasslands located on the site
- increasing wild flowers on the site
- woodland management
- habitat creation for birds, bats, small mammals, invertebrates and amphibians
- installation of a boardwalk
- community engagement on the site and through providing education to young people using the works carried out on the site.
express interest or access tender documents, please use reference DN585868 in
the search opportunities section on the below website: https://www.eastmidstenders.org